27 things to do on a no spend weekend
Are you on a budget or saving towards a goal?
Imagine having a summer full of memories and activities without having to spend a dime! Enter the no spend weekend.
Where’s all your money going?
When I was first getting our family on a budget, I had to first look at our income and spending details. I couldn’t help but wonder where all our money was going. It turns out, we were not much different than everyone else. Did you know that Americans spend 20% more on the weekends than during the week?
I wasn’t that surprised, either.
reclaim more than $1000 this summer!
One of the best ways to stay on track with your savings goals is to have a no spend weekend. It’s exactly what it sounds like — a weekend when you don’t spend any money!
Assuming you live in a two-adult household, your family may be spending close to $200 per weekend. That’s more than $2000 over the 3-month span of summer!
Now, I am officially challenging you to a no spend weekend at least twice per month this summer. Give it a trial run this weekend and let me know how it goes!
Don’t forget to plan ahead by making sure you have what you need in terms of necessities (food, drink)!
Yes, you totally can do this. You will discover the joy of (free!) summer memories while also adding some cash back into your pocket.
summer activities for your no spend weekend
1. Go to a local waterfront (beach, lake, or river)
2. Browse the bookstore
3. Enjoy your front yard (and meet your neighbors!)
4. Walk the local rail trail or canal walk
5. Explore the library — check out free community classes!
6. Do some gardening or start a vegetable garden
7. Have a picnic in the backyard
8. Clean out your closet (and sell your stuff!)
9. Do some meal planning & prep
10. Have a family budget meeting
12. Read outside under a tree
13. Make a goal/vision board
14. Host a potluck
16. Go for a bike ride
17. Take some outdoor photos
18. Attend a free outdoor concert
19. Visit a free museum
20. Rearrange furniture
21. Write a short story or journal
22. Have a backyard campfire
23. Run through the sprinkler
24. Do some arts and crafts
25. Have a lemonade stand
26. Build a box fort
27. Visit the playground
Don’t Forget to Pin it for Later!
fun awaits you!
I can’t wait to hear about all the free fun you have this summer! Don’t forget to pin the list for later, and leave me more of your ideas below in the comments!